Biggest Loser contestant reveals 105lb weight loss that leaves Tim Gunn speechless
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:12 EST, 17 January 2014 | UPDATED: 18:53 EST, 17 January 2014
A Biggest Loser contestant managed to leave Tim Gunn speechless when she revealed her incredible transformation after shedding 105lbs.
In a trailer for the show's Makeover Week, Rachel Frederickson - a 24-year-old voice-over artist from Los Angeles who weighed 260lbs at her heaviest - tries on a slinky black dress and shows it off to the Project Runway judge.
When she steps out of the changing room, Mr Gunn merely gasps and seems at a loss for words before finally mustering: 'Good heavens! Look at you!'
Scroll down for video
Transformation: In the Makeover episode, Rachel Frederickson - a 24-year-old voice over artist who weighed 260lbs at her heaviest - tries on a slinky black dress and shows it off to the Project Runway judge
Before and after: Overcome with emotion when she looks in the mirror, Rachel - a mere shadow of her former self at 155lbs - breaks down in tears
The flabbergasted fashion consultant adds: 'I honestly didn't recognize you when you came out. I didn't know you had this underneath those sweats!'
Overcome with emotion when she looks in the mirror, Rachel - a mere shadow of her former self at 155lbs - breaks down in tears. 'I didn't either,' she says. 'Wow, that's such a shock.'
The pair stare in astonishment at her reflection as she twirls happily in her slimmed down body.
'It's taken me a six-year journey and a lot of pain and heartbreak and being critical of myself,' she says of her new hard-earned figure.
Long process: 'It's taken me a six-year journey and a lot of pain and heartbreak and being critical of myself,' she says of her new slimmed-down figure
Shock: The flabbergasted fashion consultant tells her: 'I honestly didn't recognize you when you came out. I didn't know you had this underneath those sweats!'
Unrecognizable: Rachel looks at her reflection in disbelief as Tim Gunn seems to share the feeling
'And seeing all the hard work - the sweat, the tears, the emotions of the past 13-week journey, in this dress, it's just phenomenal.'
According to her official bio, a rough break-up is what ultimately led to her weight gain.
A competitive swimmer in high school, she was offered scholarships by several colleges, but she turned them down to move to Germany to be with an exchange student she had fallen in love with.
In the past: A competitive swimmer in high school, Rachel was offered scholarships by several colleges, but she turned them down to move to Germany and be with a boy
Downhill spiral: When the relationship ended, she came back to America and turned to food for solace, gaining more than 100lbs in six years (pictured: Rachel competing on the show)
When the relationship ended, she came back to America and turned to food for solace.
Over the next six years she gained more than 100lbs, working in a gelato shop in Minnesota and then a pastry chef in Las Vegas before ending up in Los Angeles, where she now lives.
At the start of the series, Rachel tipped the scales at 260lbs and said she was determined to finally turn her life around.
'I was very hard on myself for some of the decisions I made,' she said.
Well worth it: 'Seeing all the hard work - the sweat, the tears, the emotions of the past 13-week journey. . . it's just phenomenal,' she gushed
Watch more: The Biggest Loser airs on Tuesday at 8pm on NBC
The amazing transformation from the weigh in on the first episode, seen here, is undeniable
'I'm ready to become that strong and confident girl again, to free myself from the past, live in the present and make the changes I need to be happy with myself and live the life I always imagined.'
She said at the beginning of the show that she was looking forward to being more social, finding love again, running with her dog and 'shopping for great clothes that show off her personality and style'.
The Biggest Loser airs on Tuesday at 8pm on NBC
WATCH: Rachel stuns Tim Gunn on the Biggest Loser
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Amanda Knox's ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito caught near Italian border after murder conviction upheld
Near border...Raffaele Sollecito arrives to attend the final hearing before the third court verdict for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher. The court upheld ...
- Stolen-at-birth: I-Team looks at new questions in notorious Paul Fronczak kidnap case
- DJ is taken off the air because of the actions of her estranged husband
- Justin Bieber secretly 'cried his eyes out' after cocky court appearance and THAT smiling mug shot
- Bensenville teen girl Jessica Radoicic reported missing by mother
- SNCF set to pay reparations in U.S. for transporting Jews to Nazi death camps
- Historians unravel the mystery of a cryptic note from presidential candidate Abraham Lincoln seeking political support in New York
- Fox cubs squabble over a stash of hidden food
- The moment the soldier who lost both legs in Afghanistan put on his new limbs and WALKED across the finish line of a 222-mile Warrior's Walk
- World War II vet Richard Faulkner receives Purple Heat award 70 years on
- Prince Harry and girlfriend Cressida enjoy day out at Twickenham to watch England play Wales
- Home at last! Couple and their four adopted children finally arrive in the U.S. after enduring a MONTH-long ordeal in war-torn Ukraine
- Prison-yard proposals and a beating from a guard named 'AK': Three American hikers held captive for more than a year in Iran tell-all in new book
- Kim Jong Un's number two man Choe Ryong Hae reappears on television
- Dancing Virgin America flight attendant performs high-kicking safety routine