Bishop Robert Mitchell dies at 93; South Side pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ for 58 years
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side pastor Bishop Robert Lee Mitchell has died.
For 58 years Bishop Mitchell was pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ near 72nd and Jeffery.
Last September a one-block stretch of Jeffery Boulevard was named in his honor.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Get more Chicago News »
Amanda Knox's ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito caught near Italian border after murder conviction upheld
Near border...Raffaele Sollecito arrives to attend the final hearing before the third court verdict for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher. The court upheld ...
- Stolen-at-birth: I-Team looks at new questions in notorious Paul Fronczak kidnap case
- Justin Bieber secretly 'cried his eyes out' after cocky court appearance and THAT smiling mug shot
- Bensenville teen girl Jessica Radoicic reported missing by mother
- DJ is taken off the air because of the actions of her estranged husband
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Natural Resources Department halts plan to require ATV permits in Illinois
- PJ O'Donnell, injured teen condition 'improving' after snowboard injury in Alquonquin
- Cardinal George undergoes latest cancer treatment
- Complaint about cracks in repaved street triggers citywide audit
- Six people shot at party in Austin
- Man found dead on CTA Green Line tracks identified
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- 2 hurt in North Side crash near Hollywood and Sheridan
- Red Sari Evening raises heart disease awareness